I supposed to blog this a week ago. But I totally forgotten about it. I cook this for myself over the weekend for a quick lunch. As usual, I would rather eat something plain and simple at home than going out for a meal that is complicated and expensive food. Sometimes when I taste the food selling at coffee shops or hawker centre, especially economical rice stall, I really wonder how long had they kept those meat in the freezer before they cook it. Or, sometimes I can’t help thinking that I’m actually eating unwashed veggies. But it is really unavoidable. When we are busy, we will still eat out even tho we know the fact that the food that they serve is no good.
Ingredient (Serves 1)
- a tablespoon of oil
- 1 egg, beaten. Make it two if you want.
- a handful of whitebaits. But please be generous.
- a dash of pepper
- spring onions as garnishing
1. Give the whitebaits a quick wash, drained. You wont want your whitebaits to be too wet.
2. Heat up your pan with a tablespoon of oil in there. Add in whitebaits, toss.
3. Beaten eggs in, stir well. Make sure all your whitebaits are sticked together with eggs.
4. Fry each side till golden pale brown (refer to my picture), a dash of pepper on each side.
5. Dish up, sprinkle spring onions, and serve with steamed white rice.
Give it a try! 😀